The Faculteit Geneeskunde en Farmacie, Department Farmaceutische en Farmacologische Wetenschappen, is looking for a predoctoral researcher.
More concretely your work package contains:
- We look, in particular for the Brussels region, for a dedicated scientific collaborator for the RE-Place project. In this project, the available Belgian expertise on the use of alternative methods to animal testing, also known as ‘New Approach Methodologies (NAMs)’, is collected in one central database. The project is coordinated by the VUB and Sciensano.
Your work will consist of:
- Identification of available expertise on NAMs in Belgium e.g. via scientific literature;
- Contacting and motivating scientists of different research fields to collaborate;
- Organisation of personal meetings to provide (technical) support for submitting animal-free methodologies to the RE-Place database;
- Active promotion of the RE-Place project by updating the website & social media and the development of promotional material;
- Drafting of meeting reports and proceedings;
- Providing administrative support in general.
You will join the "In vitro Toxicology and Dermato-Cosmetology" department at the VUB and collaborate with the "Risk and Health Impact Assessment" department of Sciensano.
For this function, both our Brussels Health Campus (Jette), and the Sciensano-site (Elsene) will serve as your home base.
You have a Master degree in (bio-)medical sciences (biology, bioengineering, biomedical or pharmaceutical sciences, veterinary medicine, ,…)
You have good communication skills (incl. written reporting in French and English);
You are enterprising and conscientious;
- You have natural social skills;
- You are a team-player;
- You work result and solution-oriented;
- Proficiency in French and English, Dutch is a valuable asset;
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, PPT, Excel,..);
- Your interest in the 3Rs Principle of Replacing, Reducing and Refining experimental animal research is genuine.
You’ll be offered a contract, for an assignment of 1 FTE, for 12 months (extendable, on condition of the positive evaluation of the research activities), with planned starting date 15/05/2022.
You’ll receive a salary linked to one of the scales set by the government.
At the VUB, you’re guaranteed an open, involved and diverse workplace where you are offered opportunities to (further) build on your career.
As well as this, you’ll enjoy various benefits:
- Full reimbursement for your home-work commute with public transport according to VUB-policy, or compensation if you come by bike;
- Cost-free hospitalisation insurance;
- The space to form your job content and continuously learn via VUB LRN;
- Excellent facilities for sport and exercise;
- Delicious meals at attractive prices in our campus restaurants;
- An open, family-friendly work environment where attention is paid to work-life balance, and exceptional holiday arrangements with 35 days of leave (based on a fulltime contract).
- Prof. Vera Rogiers
- Departement In Vitro Toxicology and Dermato-Cosmetology (IVTD)
- Faculty of Medicine and Pharmacy -VUB
- Laarbeeklaan 103-1090 Brussels-Belgium
- Tel: +32 (0)2 477 45 16
- E-mail: Vera.Rogiers@vub.be
Send your application file to Prof. Vera Rogiers before 15/04/2022. The application file must contain:
- An application letter including your motivation for this position.
- Report cards including your scores during your bachelor and master education.
- Your Curriculum Vitae.